The experts in injury compensation

Straightforward. Skilled. Sympathetic.

Call free 0800 009 3311 Contact Us
speech bubble icon


We understand that the claims process can seem daunting but we have put together a list of common questions and answers. Should you have any specific questions please contact our advisors.

Frequently Asked Questions

  • Can I claim on behalf of a child?

    Children have the same rights as adults in a personal injury case, but their claim must be conducted by a nominated individual- whether a parent, guardian or friend. 

  • Can I claim if I'm a passenger in a road accident?

    As a passenger in a vehicle you have the same rights as the driver in an accident, and will be able to bring a claim against the other party involved, or the driver of the vehicle you were travelling in.

  • Can I make a claim if my accident happened abroad?

    You can make a claim if your accident happened out with the country, but you should be aware that some different rules might apply- such as the length of time to conclude a claim (i.e. unlike the rule of within 3 years, as in Scotland). At Accident Helpline Scotland we can offer you specific advice and help should you accident have happened abroad.

  • Who will my claim be against?

    Your claim will be against an individual or party whom you believe is legally to blame for an accident you have suffered, or has neglected a duty of care to you that has resulted in your injury. Establishing this can be a complex process, and the individual circumstances of each case need to be assessed to ascertain whether or not this is the case. Our specialists at Accident Scotland Helpline have the skills and experience to make such judgements.

  • Can I be dismissed from my job if I make a claim against my employer?

    It is against the law for an employer to dismiss an employee for making an accident claim, if you are concerned regarding this possibility your Solicitor will consider your circumstances and advise you.

  • Can I receive compensation for losses other than just my personal injury?

    We can seek compensation for various heads of claim which include past and ongoing loss of earnings, future loss of earnings, medical treatment costs, care and assistance provided by your family and professionally, additional financial expenditures or costs you may have incurred if directly linked to your accident.  Your allocated Solicitor will consider your own circumstances and include all losses and heads of claim which can be quantified and submitted on your behalf.

  • Will I have to attend court?

    The vast majority of cases (around 95%) are settled without any need for court attendance.

Contact our Claims Advisors

We'll call you back within 30 mins - 08:00-21:00 Monday to Friday and 09:00-18:00 on Saturday

Contact Us